Facebook

Monday, October 6, 2014

Glenglassaugh Revival, 46 %

Review #6
Glenglassaugh reopened in 2008, and more and more bottles are finding its ways to the shelves. I have opened a Revival, and will take it for a test-spin!

Revival is finished for 6 months in first fill olorosso sherry butts, and that is very noticeable on the nose. Honey sweetness, nuts, raisins and plums. Very young and raw (and not for the good) though… However a couple of minutes in the glass help.

Classic sherry notes, dark berries, raisins and plums. Still very young and raw, but the finish and the fact that they didn’t water it down to 40 %, but kept it at 46 % is very important, because of the young age, and I quite frankly think that it would be tasteless if it was watered all the way down.

The finish is okay and last for a while. I feel a bit like old man with a girl half my age. This whisky is simply to young! But I understand why Glenglassaugh releases this (they got to make money), though a longer finish would have been preferable. I will give this whisky 77/100 (19//19/20/19).

No comments:

Post a Comment