Facebook

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Greenore Single Grain 8 yo, 40 %

Review #25
A young grain whiskey. I didn’t expect very much, but I was soon to learn that this whiskey have a lot to offer. Smells like banana, caramel, some tropical fruits I can´t quite place and lemongrass.

Wauw. Very powerful considering that it is watered down to 40 %. Unfortunately there aren’t as much going on, on the palate as in the nose. Some vanilla, oak and spices. The finish is just in a hurry to get out of the office and on weekend.

I don’t think that the balance is very good. It starts good, with a lot of flavors in the smell, then the taste doesn’t offer as much and at last the finish is a bit pale. A bit complex though. Not the best but still a good whiskey. I will rate this whiskey 81/100 (21/22/19/19).

No comments:

Post a Comment