Facebook

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Deanston 12 yo, 46,3 %

Review #51
I´ve tasted this some years ago, and then I wasn’t too happy about it. But that was before and my taste has changed, so I was a bit exited to try this one again. It smells like sweet malted barley. Not to exiting on the nose.

The taste is very light and soft for a whisky at 46,3 %. Better than I remembered. Still the barley notes, but mixed with some sweetness and influence from the wood. The finish is best thing about this whisky. It isn’t that good, but at least they didn’t water it down to 40 % and that surely helps in the finish. This way the sweet notes stays for bit, and let you kick back and enjoy the finish.

This is classic standard boring highland malt. I won’t be buying a bottle, but I drink it if I get it served. I will rate this whisky 80/100 (19/20/21/20).

No comments:

Post a Comment