Facebook

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tomatin 12 yo, 43 %

Review #186
This 12 year old is finished in Spanish sherry casks. I don’t know for how long, but the influence is definitely there in the smell. Not like a fully matured sherry cask whisky, but like a proper finish. Even though it got the sherry notes, it still maintains the light Tomatin character.

The taste is a bit dark at first. Dates and some hints of dark chocolate. The more light and smooth Tomatin character appears a bit in the finish. Still with the sherry influence present.

I think this has gotten a proper sherry finish, but the end product just isn’t my favorite. Don’t get me wrong, I think this is quality and not some of the 2 week finishes you see out there. I will give this 83/100 (20/20/22/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment