Facebook

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Hibiki 12 yo, 43 %

Review #197
This is expensive, so the expectations are a bit high. Amongst other, it has malt whisky from Yamazaki and Hakushu and grain whisky from Chita. The smell is fresh, yet full-bodied. Light, but still a bit heavy. Some vanilla and honey, and yet some plums in the background. I like this little play.

There is some different things going on in the taste, but the first thing I notice is some spices. The dominating flavor is from the sherry wood though. The finish doesn’t stay too long, but some nutty-woody and orange notes makes an appearance.

A bit too pricey for what it is delivering. With a higher ABV it would definitely have been much more interesting. The balance is fine, yet a bit off, but I just find this blend to simple in regards of what I was expecting. Don’t get me wrong, it is a lovely dram! I will give this 85/100 (22/21/21/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment