Facebook

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Ben Nevis 26 yo (1973/1999), Cask 756, 53,9 %

Review #246
This single cask whisky is from the series Fort William Limited and only 258 bottles were made. Normally color doesn’t mean shit when I am tasting whisky, but this color makes me thirsty! Some dried fruit comes to mind at first in the smell with a touch of orange/citrus. Some light floral notes in the background.

The taste is very heavy with a mix of dried fruits and nuts. I think there are some notes of from the wood that is a bit off. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe tannins… It is not ‘bad’ off note, it is just not my taste. The oak really shows in the finish and lies great with the dried fruits. The best thing about this whisky.

For a bottle that sells for hundreds of pounds, I must say I am a bit disappointed. But that is just my opinion and luckily we are all different! Water calms it down, but doesn’t change the expression. I will give this 81/100 (20/20/21/20).

No comments:

Post a Comment