Facebook

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Bowmore 15 yo, Darkest, 43 %

Review #273
This 15 year old expression has partially matured in Oloroso Sherry casks. A heavy aroma of dark berries is the first thing that hits my nose. Behind the dark fruity flavors some light peat and lemon hides. It reminds me of the 12 year old with a sherry finish.

Rich on fruits in the taste. Dates and oak in harmony mixed with peat. Some creamy and crème brulee notes ass well, but the sweetness is mixed with fruit sugars. The finish is nice and medium long. The dark fruits from the Sherry casks really kicks in here.

I mentioned that it reminded me of the 12 year old with a Sherry finish, but that only regards to the smell. The taste has references to full bodied whisky from Oloroso casks. I will rate this 85/100 (21/21/22/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment