Facebook

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Ardmore, Traditional Cask, 46 %

Review #294
The Traditional Cask has been finished in quarter casks. It has been discontinued and replaced with the new Legacy from Ardmore. Medium peat and lemons is the first thing that hits my nose. Some honey with hint of creamy vanilla ice cream.

Much more peat in the taste! It seems young, but not in a bad way, but more like in a fresh way. You get the citrusy notes and vanilla, and due to the 46 % and the peat level, it stays for quite a while in the finish. Not much change, but it just stay there.

This is about 1000 times better than the successor Legacy. When distilleries makes something like this, I don't care that it is NAS! I could imagine me stock up a couple of bottles of this, if I get the chance. I will give this 86/100 (21/22/22/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment