Facebook

Monday, December 12, 2016

Glengoyne 12 yo, 43 %

Review #373
The Sherry sweetness is the first thing that hits my nose. Dates and raisins, but in a very soft and smooth way. This is a totally unpeated Highland malt. It packs a lot of flavours even though it is only at 43 %. Hints of chocolate and coffee far in the background.

Again the Sherry notes comes rushing in. The taste is sweet with berries and honey, but with focus on the dried fruits. The finish is not that long, but carry the flavours beautifully! Not much new is happening here, but that doesn’t matter.

Even though the finish isn’t the longest, the 43 % works very well in this whisky! It is so full of flavours from start to finish. I can’t even begin to imagine how great this must be at cask strength! Will I be picking up a bottle? Yes I will! I will give this 86/100 (21/22/21/22).

No comments:

Post a Comment