Facebook

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Springbank 8 yo (2007/2016), Society Bottling, 57,2 %

Review #405
This is from a fresh Sherry Butt and only 594 bottles were made. First I just get plums all over the place in the smell! Blueberries, salt, ashes, marzipan and just a touch of tannins. It is so compact and full of flavors!

Very powerful and again, full of flavors. If the smell could speak, it just told me the taste. Plums, tannins, smoke and salt again. Some raisins, dates and toasted oak comes forward in the finish. It all blends very well!

57,2 % might be a bit high, but I really think it suits this whisky! If you like Springbank and heavily Sherry influenced whiskies, you will love this! If you give it some water you will calm it down, but I don´t think it changes very much. I will rate this 90/100 (22/23/23/22).

No comments:

Post a Comment